View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #28
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
Sorry if this isn't the place to do this - still a new "foodee"! LOL

I am looking for a recipe for a chicken salad with grapes and walnuts in it. I can't seem to find one on any of the recipe sites I've been to. I need it by tomorrow night as Tuesday is MY day to bring lunch to work! Can it be as simple as just chicken, grapes, walnuts and mayo???

Thanks for any help!
Mishe
When I am looking for a recipe, I google the main ingredients and often find several to choose from. I know it's not the same as someone you know recommending a recipe, but it is better than nothing!

I googled chicken salad grapes walnuts:

and on Cooks.com I found this (and there are several others):

CHICKEN SALAD WITH GREEN GRAPES

2 1/2 c. diced cooked chicken
1 c. finely chopped celery
1 c. sm. seedless green grapes
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. whipping cream, whipped
1 c. mayonnaise
Salad greens
Garnishes: Stuffed & ripe olives, sweet pickles, parsley & julienne strips of chicken

In a bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes, walnuts, onion and salt. Whip cream and mix it with the mayonnaise. Fold this dressing into the chicken salad mixture. Cover bowl and refrigerate for several hours. At serving time, serve salad on greens with garnishes.

And on Epicurious:

Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

ingredients
4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken (about 1 3/4 lb)
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (1 cup)
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
2 cups halved seedless red grapes
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper preparation

Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined well.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote