View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had gastric bypass surgery -- roux en y, proximal. But as far as I know, everything from the lap band to RnY to Duodenal Switch and everything in between is included in WLS.

As for what's right for you, only you can decide that. Just give yourself lots of time for research, talk to surgeons in your area and find out how much experience they have (physician experience is HUGELY important with this surgery), and don't rush things. My original plan was the lap band, but the only doc who does it here had only done 15 at the time, so I opted for a more experienced surgeon doing a surgery he has a lot of experience with. Living in Alaska, my options are very limited, unless I wanted to go out of state. I didn't have a problem with that but a) my insurance wouldn't cover it, and b) local follow up would have been problematic (to say the least).
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote