View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #29
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Easy Eggplant Rollatini:

Ingredients:
Part 1-
1 eggplant, peeled and cut into strips about ¼”.
1 egg beaten in a shallow dish
1c Italian seasoned bread crumbs in a shallow dish
2T olive oil

Part 2 –
1 cup (I used more like a cup and a half because I looove ricotta)
1 small jar of mushrooms
1 small box of frozen spinach
Minced garlic or a little granulated garlic (optional)

Part3-
14oz jar of spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Angel Hair pasta

Directions:

1. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg and then in the bread crumbs coating both sides.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and fry until golden brown, drain on paper towel lined plate.
3. Preheat oven to 350.
4. Microwave spinach if not already thawed. If using fresh, wilt in the pan for a few minutes and toss with minced garlic.
5. Take each browned and drained eggplant slice and spread it with ricotta cheese (you can mix in the garlic with the cheese if you want). Place some mushrooms, spinach in the center and gently roll the slice up tightly.
6. Place rolls seem side down in a 9x13 baking dish.
7. Pour spaghetti sauce over the rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes (mine took more like 30 mins because we like the cheese very golden) until the cheese is melted and browned.
9. While the rolls are baking, make the pasta according to directions.
10. Serve the rolls and sauce over pasta and…enjoy!

Looks way more involved than it actually was. The most difficult part was cutting the eggplant right and not burning the strips, because I don’t do very well at frying. I just messed the first two up and the rest turned out fine.

The results: