View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #31
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fuzzy's Red Beans and Rice

(As requested, tho I'm really really late with this.)

Slice or dice 1/2 pound smoked sausage, and brown in a dutch oven. Remove, and keep about 1 tablespoon grease. Saute a medium onion, chopped, with 3 stalks celery, chopped, with 1 green pepper, chopped, with 2-4 cloves of garlic (minced, chopped, or smashed). Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and a pinch cayenne (optional, I like to put a bottle of tabasco on the table instead). Cook until the veggies are tender-ish.

Return the sausage to the dutch oven and add two cans red beans, drained, two cans stewed tomatoes (I like to puree them first) and enough water to cover. Add two teaspoons thyme, two bay leaves, two table spoons fresh parsley (or one tablespoon dry) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves prior to serving.

Serve over rice.