Thread: Foodee Songs
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not really a 'Foodee Song', but Guy Clark often seems to talk about food in his songs.

In Black Diamond Strings, he states "Black Diamond strings are like white flour and grits: You play Black Diamond strings 'cause it's all you can get."

My girlfriend had to explain this to me. Apparently, if you're low on grits, you can stretch it out a bit with white flour.

So, presumably, Black Diamond is not the preferred brand of guitar string.

But the main reason I posted this comes from another reference in the song's chorus: "Drinkin' 1 W Harper..."

What's he singing about there? Was that a brand of whiskey or soda pop that would have been sold in Texas?

(Uh...it seems I've once again linked to a video that has Emmylou Harris in it. Funny how often that happens, innit?)
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote