View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #11
RedHead
Tom Selleck's Bride

RedHead carries a lot of weight on this boardRedHead carries a lot of weight on this boardRedHead carries a lot of weight on this boardRedHead carries a lot of weight on this boardRedHead carries a lot of weight on this boardRedHead carries a lot of weight on this board
Default To answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNBBQ
hey RED how much weight have you lost? are you still losing? can you gain the weight back?
On the day of my surgery I weighed 345 lbs....I am now between 150 to 190.

The reason for the big spread is when I work with weights I tend to put on muscle extremely fast and I keep it. I don't use the standardized BMI charts anymore because I am considered an athlete because of my muscle mass vs. fat.

Anyway I lost around 150 lbs to 190 lbs....I put back on some weight When I started working out with weights.

I will tell you at the 5 week mark I started water aerobics, graduated to curves for women then the gym with a trailer over the next 3 years. I didn't and don't rely on the bypass to "keep" me thin. I know of women who have gained a signifigant amount of their weight back...eating carbs.

I have gained some back...but I think it has to do with my life style choices, my work out schedule and my body type. When I was at 130lbs people thought I was ill all the time....I look best between 150 and 190....see Avatar!

I still have the thought in my head that the scale rules...I still have to tell myself that although a chart puts me still at "obese" (did I mention how much I hate labels??) I am not obese; I could out run, out perform and endure much more than any "skinny" woman. I am smaller than Marilyn Monroe was when she played in the Seven Year Itch.

The one thing that I am doing that I wish I would have done sooner is have my extra skin removed...so I will be doing that in April...I'm sure I will feel entirely different once this is done.

"Yawn and the world yawns with you. Snore and you sleep alone."

Anonymous
RedHead is offline   Reply With Quote