View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 06:27 AM   #14
PolarKat
Digital Sun tanning

PolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaby35
Here's my experiences with my Lap-Band surgery:
To get approved for the surgery I had to prove that I have tried every avenue to loose the weight and keep it off. Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Redux...I had to document everything. Also my doctor had a 10 day liquid diet before the surgery that was hell. I think I lost 15 pounds just with that alone. The idea was to shrink the liver so it was easier for surgery. I dunno if that really works or not, but it doesn't really matter cause your basically on the same diet after surgery. I could always loose weight easily..that wasn't my issue it was keeping it off. It was always the weight regain and more that I was tired of. I can't imagine life now without my band. It's always there where your willpower during a diet can fail. It makes me mad sometimes but then I just look in the mirror

Like I said on the previous question, it wasn't a question of loosing the weight its keeping it off. No way have I ever gone 3 years and kept 50 pounds off of me. It would NEVER happen without my band.

Hoped I helped
Thank you, and yes this does help. My doctor has been negative about it, but he wants me to get into the mid 30's BMI.
I was in the 70BMI a year ago and I'm down to the low 50's. I lost most of it within a short period of time, and since I've been more or less loosing & gaining the odd couple lbs.. It's a tough decision, I still don't really know yet if I am capable of loosing, and maintaing..
PolarKat is offline   Reply With Quote