View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #20
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecniceguy View Post
Hi there, I usually dont post much on here, but I am glad I found this thread as I was have been thinking of this lately. I have been dating a woman for a few months now, and she is probably around 400lbs.
I have thought about things like going to a restarant, movie theaters, etc. and considering here size. Usually, I suggest ideas to her, and leave it up to her to decide what we are doing. That way it is her call, and she knows what she can and cant do. But I would love to get any tips I can to avoid anything that would come up that would be uncomfortable for her. I did make the mistake of thinking I would pick her up in my little ford ranger on our first date. Ever since then, she does the driving now in her caprice. I didnt like the feeling I had, like I hadnt thought of her and her size.
She is also rapidly gaining weight, and I dont know what the future will hold, and what other obsticals are laying ahead, but I would love any info or advice. thanks!
I might be able to help with this one. Dating a SSBBW just requires a lot of planning. Call ahead to the movie theatre to find out if they have stadium seating, wheel chair accessible screens, and armrests that go up. I know which theaters here have armrests that come up and I go to those. I'm not quite super sized anymore, but even at my weight it's still and issue. If you live in a city with art house movie theatres they will probably have tiny seats. At least here they do. I've skipped many a movie because of that.

Same thing with the restaurants, call ahead or go there ahead of time to see if they have ample seating - like no booths and enough room in the aisles to accommodate a scooter/wheelchair.

One time a few years ago my friend and I were hanging out and we were both getting hungry. He hates asian food which I love, so the nearest restaurant was out. He wanted a diner. I was leary cause a lot of diners in that neighborhood have only booths. So we started walking and we went past 5 diners and nearly 12 hungry blocks because I couldn't fit. We were both getting hungrier by the minute. He was getting frustrated and the tone in his voice changed to near anger about how far we would have to walk before a good diner came up, then I snapped at him about how after 5 years of friendship (now 8 years) he should know that I can't fit in a restaurant booth. I was on the verge of tears when I offered to just go home so he could have dinner. For all his faults, he's a good guy. He apologized and said No no, we'll go back to the asian place. It's been a while since I had wonton soup anyway.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote