View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #35
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was just thinking that we should make a list of things that are good to consider, so the non ss person will be more aware, and here, you've done it, great post bunny thanks!

I don't think either that just because a person doesnt realise the limitations of a ss person, means they aren't willing to learn and I don't think anyone here said that. I voiced my frustration at guys who seem to be oblivious to the pretty obvious stuff, or who KEEP being oblivious even after it's been pointed out. Guys like the one Melissa mentioned who got annoyed at her for getting tired at the music festival, DO exist, lol. One got ratty at me one day for not being able to keep up with him as he walked along the street.. he was over 6 feet tall, to my 5' 3". However I think we know that people will be at the worst well-intentioned but unaware, and at the best enthusiastic to know what they do to make the time together pleasant, with no embarrassment to the ss person involved.

I love the points you made in your post, particularly the "I'll just wait in the car" one. It's so relevant, oh and leave the keys in the car so we can listen to music while you're running the errand, .

One thing I can think of is, that I turn down possible days out because I know my back will be too sore. I DO love day trips to interesting places though, I just need it to be a place where I can sit down frequently! I had a great day at Rosslyn Chapel (holy grail), because obviously its a church and there were pews I could keep sitting down on. So..... people, if your SS partner or date turns down several suggestions of trips you make, its probably not that they don't want to go, but it's that they need to be able to rest along the way. Places with plenty of seats/benches are a godsend.

The one mall I used to go to, I don't anymore because they "renovated" it, which involved removing almost all of the benches which used to be lined along the centre of the walkways, grrr.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote