View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #58
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
IMHO this has nothing to do with anyone's size, but is his complete lack of consideration for the human being whose life he was holding in his hands when he made the decision to drive badly.
I am sorry if this wording seems harsh, but this is a complete bone of contention with me. And let me tell you, I was with my husband when he would do this in the beginning. We had made a commitment to each other. I don't think it has anything to do with commitment or size as much as the need for speed that some people have while driving. Trust me, this is the ONE thing that almost broke us up. It took alot of talking, crying, screaming and threatening to make him realize that it was funny and exciting to him and absolutely terrifying to me. I told him repeatedly, I WILL NOT die in an auto accident and that if I did and he was the cause, he better hope he dies with me cause I will haunt him the rest of his days.
Thankfully this changed soon enough and is no longer a desire for him.
If this guy likes you and repects you, he will slow down whether you are wearing a seatbelt or not. It is up to you how many chances you give him and how you approach it with him. I would definitely tell him that you do not want it to happen again and if he wants to drive that way he should do it when you are not in the car.
Most times, the little speed monsters realize it is much more fun to go a little slower and catch the sight of their beautiful companion bouncing along next to them, then the itty bitty rush from their risky driving.

Who knows, maybe he will buy you flowers or something as an apology. (just saying in case, he is a member, and needs a hint) hint hint
HA! I appreciate this post cause I often back down on things like this even though I was obviously pissed. He wasn't driving over the speed limit, by the way, which was the first gd thing he said. GRRRRRRR!

This is why I drive everywhere whenever I can. I can NOT handle this either, glad you worked it out with the hubby.

Though, can I say, that I'm disappointed in my choice of a car. I have a early 2000s chevy cavalier that fits me just barely. I can buckle my own seat belt (but it's tight - you know one of those fits where you have to take off your winter coat?). I thought far enough to accomodate myself, but I didn't think about other SS folks who I'd love to share rides with.

I've dated on SSBHM and he awkwardly gets in and I don't know that I've ever seen him put on a seatbelt. I JUST realized this. I do this to OTHER people in MY car. Damn.

As L&L said, I think its time to think about purchasing a seat belt extender. I don't want to pay it forward to other fatties I'd like to drive around. And I do love to drive me some fatties!
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote