View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #71
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

If I may tell a personal story that meant alot to me.

Many years ago, my sister in law was graduating with her Masters. The actual graduation was on a weekday and only my inlaws went, but we were all going out to a restaurant after dinner to celebrate. It was one that noone had been to yet.
Although my inlaws obviously knew I was fat, we had only begun using the term "fat friendly" in front of them awhile before that, to make them aware of certain things that affected me specifically.
Well, to my great surprise, they were "aware" enough to go to the restaurant a week ahead and scout it out. When they called to invite us, they also stated, "and we went there in person to make the reservations. The table we are getting is very roomy and accessable and the chairs are armless, wood chairs."
I was jumping up and down with joy. They actually went out of their way to do this and it proved that they "got it".
That was one of the best dinners I ever had.

Last edited by D_A_Bunny; 04-26-2008 at 12:12 PM.
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote