View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.

Hi. I'm Betty, age 39 (just like weight, age is only a number). My husband Frank and I live in central Wisconsin -- the real dairy state -- we both grew up on dairy farms. I currently work in customer service for a company that is a distributor for the dairy and other food industries. I do have a wide variety of jobs in my history though. I was a teacher for 15 years (8 as a sub and the other 7 in a residential treatment center for kids who've had legal and other issues). Summers I did things like work in a pizza factory, checkouts at a K-Mart, or supportive home care.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?

I was fat as a kid, and I don't remember how old I was when Mom tried my first diet. I do recall Dexatrim in the 4th grade. I'd agree that making certain foods a no-no makes them all the more delicious and "gotta-have." I got really good at sneaking foods, and unfortunately still have that mentality at times, even though I'm accountable to no one but myself and my husband is definitely an FA.

I am such a foodie. I love to try new things, both in restaurants and if I'm doing the cooking. Savoring a mouthful and trying to identify flavor combinations is a fun game. I cook and bake, both quite well, if I do say so myself. I love to plan meals ahead, and to host family dinners. My dream house will start with a kitchen, and from there we'll look at other necessities.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?

It would have to be beef. Ground, Cube (pounded), steaks, in stews and stir frys, it's just the most versatile and provides an oh-so-satisfying flavor.

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?

Except for baking, I don't rely heavily on recipes. I do a lot of "tweaking" certain ideas or that I don't really measure ingredients when cooking. My Mom always made homemade bread with a "dump" recipe she got from my paternal grandmother. I have learned this skill.

Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?

Oh, yeah!! I make a great lasagne, which I learned from a friend and then tweaked it to make it better.
[*]Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)

I'd have to say I think about food more often. I'm always planning the menus, looking forward to a special dinner, volunteering to bring a dish to pass for special events.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote