View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
27 years old, born and bred in nyc (outer borough gal all the way!) currently temping but will become a full time teacher this fall.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie? I care about how things are prepared, not just any old slop thrown on the plate. I also have subscriptions to two food magazines, "Cooks Illustrated" & "Gourmet". Does that count? I think growing up in a family who liked to eat and living in a great food mecca help to cultivate my interest. One of my fondest childhood memories is my dad and I watching "The Frugal Gourmet" and him taking me into Manhattan to show me all the exotic produce and import items available at Dean & Deluca's. This was in the mid to late 80's and many of the items now found at the local supermarket were only available in speciality shops.

And on a separate note, my boyfriend likes to eat, but he has a terribly bland food palette. He loves to go to the Entermann's outlet. It makes me sad that he's not willing to experiment.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Cheese! We're going to have a cheese off here. There are so many varieties, but for me the sharper and more piquant the better. My favorite cheeses are stilton, maytag (okay love bleu cheese), pecorino romano, red dragon and this provolone studded with peppercorns I found at a local deli. I suppose I really enjoy pickled/fermented vegetables. I prefer umami/savory flavors to sweets.
What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?

I'll eat hot sauce straight. I also take forever to order at a restaurant. I also ask the waiter a million questions.
Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties? 

I do enjoy cooking but find it exhausting after a long day at work. I do batch cooking on my days off and freeze dinners in individual portions. I own too many cookbooks, gizmos and condiments. I should force myself to do it more. I do make a delicious macaroni & cheese must give myself "props" here.
Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above) The former. ha!