View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Please tell us a little about yourself:
I am Pam, single, no kids, just a cat. 45 years old, extremely tiny kitchen that does NOT do justice to my desire to cook. I am ALWAYS on the lookout for single men who like short round women who can cook, so if you know anyone...................

Tell us about your relationship with food. Are you a Foodie and if so, what do you think that means?
I would probably describe myself as a sorta-foodie. I like to try new things, cook, watch Food Network (Iron Chef rocks). But, at the same time, there are quite a few food items I don't eat like shellfish, green beans and cooked green pepper. So am I a true foodie? I don't know. To me a foodie is someone who loves food, whether eating, preparing, discussing, critiqueing, whatever. But also, I think a "true" foodie isn't as picky as I am about certain things. When I watch Iron Chef America, I find that I probably wouldn't eat any more than about half the items they prepare. A true foodie would eat anything just for the experience, I guess.

Is there a special food or type of food that would elect you president of it's fan club?
I can think of three foods that I could be the fan club president for.....
Soup
Tomatoes
Corn on the cob
with Soup being the top contender. I love soup, LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I can eat it any day, any time of year. I am always looking for or creating new soups for myself. My standards are Pasta E Fagioli, French Onion, and Potato Leek, but I will throw anything into a pot and hope for the best. I was thinking of making some potato leek this week. I don't care if it's 90* out or not. Soup's good food

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you..
I am embarassed to say that I probably keep things in the fridge way too long, until they try to crawl out on their own. I have a raccoon issue in my neighborhood and can't put food out in the trash until garbage day morning, and I forget sometimes. So things occasionally grow hair..........sue me
A good thing about me, I love fresh tomatoes, and probably eat 3-4 a day when they are in season or on sale. I was not scared off by the salmonella problem, I just washed them and kept munching.

Do you like to cook?
Are you cereal? Absolutely I love to cook! And I love to cook for friends and family, I love when people are enjoying something I made, having great conversation, laughs, good wine, etc. It really makes me happy to share one of my few talents with people. I fell in love with cooking when I was a kid, my mother was an adequate 1970's meat-&-potatoes kind of cook, I learned the basics from her, but she really has no cooking imagination, herbs and spices to her are parsley and pepper. But, I discovered "The Frugal Gourmet" and watching his show opened a whole new world to me. I was a avid fan, bought all his books and tried all his tecniques. I think I really learned to cook from Jeff Smith. I learned from him to trust my sense of taste and to experiment with what might taste good. Also a sense of humor about not taking things seriously if recipes fail. Shit happens, we learn from mistakes.

Do you think about food more than sex?
Well, since I ain't gettin' sex, and I am gettin' food, I would say I think more about sex! See question #1 Unless you are talking about meat......er, steak.