View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

1) I'll be 52 next month. I live in the beautiful PNW. I whine enough that the whole world must know by now that I'm serving a life sentence at the USPS. I've put in 31 years already and hope to be paroled 8/11. If it wasn't for being married to a wonderful man, I'd have probably found a cave and become a recluse by now. With cats of course.

2) I am a foodie, always have been I think although I'm more interested in the cooking than the eating. My Mom used to have me make her pie crust when I was a kid, because mine was better she said but I think she just didn't enjoy making it the way I did. I'm not much of a baker now except for bread. It's a much more exacting discipline and you can't fiddle around like you can with savories (although I do make all my own frostings and just doctor the cake mix). I think my Mom was a bit insulted when I pretty much left cans and boxes behind when I moved out, but scratch doesn't really take much longer and it tastes so much better.

3) My food fetish is definitely garlic. I've even eaten roasted garlic cloves dipped in chocolate at a garlic festival...they weren't half bad. After Miss T and Biggie's wedding, the husband and I spent a night in Gilroy CA on the way back to SF to catch the plane because I just couldn't not. If I have garlic, olive oil, Parmesan and pasta or good bread, I have dinner. Things like prawns, asparagus and a squeeze of lemon are just icing on the cake. One time I had roasted a large dish of peeled cloves with EVOO and sea salt to use in a recipe the following day and they were cooling on the table while my sister and I had a few beverages. We ate a few, and a few, and a few, and pretty soon the dish was empty. The next day her kids ran screaming every time we got within smelling range. Next to garlic? The one thing I never run out of is lemons.

4) Fun facts? Well, I haven't poisoned anyone yet. In 16 years my husband says I've only made something he wouldn't eat twice. I like to taste things, try to figure out what's in them and create my own, maybe even better, version. I know I'm succeeding when I get people to eat things they think they don't like and love them. Like egg rolls that got a vegetable hating, non-Chinese food eater to love them. I collect cookbooks and read them like novels but rarely use the recipes in them unless I'm trying to recreate something completely new to me and need a starting point.

5) One of the things I'm truly looking forward to when I retire is being able to cook as much as I'd like. Working swing (my choice) doesn't lend itself to cooking dinner as 11 pm is a bit late to be getting started. I don't know that I have specialties, but among the things I get asked for most often are those darn egg rolls, chili stack, shrimp macaroni salad, marinated pasta salad, spicy yaki soba noodles with stir fried vegies, stir fry in general, meat loaf, fried chicken, turkey stoup, rolls and a dish my husband calls pasta presto.

6) Food or sex? Ya gotta eat well to keep up your strength for good sex right?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote