View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default oh what fun

Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
58 year old guy from the New Haven area. Go to the end of the Metro North line and I'll pick you up in 8 minutes. I am an accountant for a community health center. Founded by Yale. Masters in Urban Studies from Southern Connecticut State U. Worked for non-profits most of my life. The most liberal Republican you will ever find. Devout Catholic, I sing in the choir and read scripture at mass. Huge Women's basketball fan. Mets fan. Enjoy gambling, at the racetrack and at a craps table primarilly. Wife of 27 years and four kids. One is a lesbian (the daughter not the wife). Italian, English, Scot, Irish, German, Cherokee (don't laugh - I even know which county in North carolina), Greek. But mostly Italian. I like to give more than I like to recieve.
I was involved in NAAFA events since 1970's, but my most active period was 76-82, 87-90, and recently.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
How am I a foodie, let me count the ways.
1- I have been on and asssisted in hundreds of restaurant reviews in Connecticut, Westchester, New Jersey and NYC.
2- I used to be a sous chef in San Francisco - alright, alright it wasn't for long but still, I did it.
3- My mom wrote a cookbook.
4- I collect cookbooks.
5- I've visited the Culinary Institue of America, and consider it the most romantic place on earth.
6- I think that cooking is the sexiest thing a man can do.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
oh boy where do we start - Ratatouille!
But I could go in so many directions. Country ham, biscuits and gravy, Braciole, Scallops wraped in Bacon, Softshell Crabs, Matzoh ball soup, Fruit salad, Cincinnati five way chili, Paella, right now I'm baking Connecticut bluefish with a lime parsley sauce.

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
Back in the 1970's I had very long hair, and me and a friend were driving across the border in Detroit heading to Windsor. We were up to no good. But that is what Windsor has always specialized in. The border officer stops us and asks the usual questions. I was half asleep in the passenger seat of my VW. Do you have anything to declare? Do you have any firearms, alcohol or taobacco? What are you entering Canada for? Where is your place of birth? ... Then when he was done questioning my friend Frank, who was a 350 pound 6 foot 2 guy, he asks:
"and the lady?"
I look over at him, with a full beard and said, "I was born in the United States, sir"

We had about 250 bottles of beer in the car and he got so flustered he let us by. That didn't have a lot to do with food but it's a funny story.

Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?

Wel of course I love to cook. I like making 5 way chili, fruit salad, Veal saltimboca, manicotti, beef soup, lemon bars, coquilles St Jacques, Brunswick Stew, Beef Brisket with Tsimmes, Fried Chicken, homemade french fries,
and broiled seafood.

Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above

I want to eat before and after I even think about sex. I want women to think a lot about eating, then sex. I want to think about sexual food - penis shaped pasta, rocky mountain oysters, asparagus, canolis (well as Melanie used to sing - a thing's a phallic symbol is it's longer than it's wide!)

As an aside - I had great fun reading everyone's comments - especially those whom I have spoken to at the Bashes and you know who you are. And you are all very sexy.