View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #20
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Please tell us a little about yourself.
I'm Shannon, 29 from Northern California. I'm in entertainment/film hoping to eventually be the one making the films instead of just bringing them to the public.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
Yes I'm a foodee. I think I am one because I see a big difference between myself and my friends, co-workers. I know a lot of people who enjoy what they eat, but once they're satisfied they don't think about food any more until they are hungry again. I on the other hand like to read about food, watch food tv, learn how to make variations on recipes and get new ideas about food combinations. I would consider my mom a foodee, so I guess I get it from her.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
I think green chile would elect me president. Every year we'd buy a few bushels of anaheims, new mexicos, and/or big jims. I spent many a summer hours roasting, peeling and bagging green chiles to freeze for use throughout the year. We used green chile at breakfast in our eggs, for lunch in a burrito, and for dinner in a stew. To me the smell of roasting chiles still brings me right back to my mom's kitchen and I feel at home.

What are the freakiest or most fun food facts about you?
Hmmm...I'm not sure. I guess some people would find it kind of freaky that I've been a vegetarian for the past 15 years. And considering if you asked my mom what she enjoys most, she'd say meat, I guess it is a little odd. I just never cared for meat. I think this is what really solidified my foodeeness though, since I had to seek out my own ways to prepare meals from the age of 14.

Do you like to cook?
I love cooking with or for others mostly. Especially in Mexican cooking you get several people in the kitchen like an assembly line making tamales, enchiladas, etc. That is when it's the most fun, the music going, every one laughing and talking. Right now, though I live by myself. It's not nearly as fun. I do however really enjoy it when I try something new and it comes out good. My specialty is baked corn and green chile pudding. Sounds odd, but is so yummy.

Do you think more about food or sex?
Probably food. I'm not sure though because they are both such different types of thoughts. For me thinking about food is conscious and deliberate. Thinking about sex is often more of a visceral reaction. So if you count every time I'm attracted to someone....Nope, probably still food

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine

Last edited by cute_obese_girl; 07-09-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Add specialty
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote