View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What a great idea. It's nice to hear some nice personal details from folks.

Quote:
Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
Hmmm. Let's see. I'm 43 years old, a mom of three grown or nearly grown kids, married to Burtimus, a BHM who also posts here from time to time. I'm an obstetrical nurse with a long long long history of involvement in women's health, particularly as it relates to childbirth. I live in Alaska, but hope to move back to the PNW in two years or so.

Quote:
Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
I have a love/love relationship with food so I think that makes me a foodie. I'm really interested in using good ingredients and enjoy cooking a lot. I collect cookbooks and gizmos and cooking gadgets. What's challenging for me now, though, is that I'm used to cooking for an army. With the kids out of the house (or nearly so) and being post-WLS I end up making way too much of everything but I'm learning to scale things back a bit.

I have a deep and abiding love of garlic, onions, curries, any kind of ethnic food and sushi. Unfortunately, my cooking skills aren't up to it so I haven't tried making a lot of ethnic stuff. But someday...

Quote:
Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Nah, I'm an equal opportunity food lover. I tend to go on food jags, eating a particular food or type of food until I'm sick to DEATH of it. Then I move on to something else.

Quote:
What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
Hmmm. I put ketchup on eggs. I think that makes me pretty freaky. Oh, and I adore olive loaf.

Quote:
Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
My kids are super fond of two things I make: homemade mac and cheese and fettucini alfredo. I also make wicked biscotti (with cranberries and almonds), and a cake called "blueberry buckle" that is delish.

Quote:
Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
Hmmm. Food. But I think sex is more fun.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote