View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #27
Ashlynne
Where's my iced coffee?

Ashlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 club

Iíve been meaning to do this, but Iím a procrastinator. Plus, Iím also a Lazy Slug. Put those two things together and I donít get much done!

Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
Iím 44 years old. Iíve lived in Southern NJ all of my life. Actually, I live on the very block where I grew up! I guess Iím in a rut?

I work as a secretary in a small office. Iím fortunate enough to have most of my family living within just a few miles.

New Jersey really is the land of good food. Ever since Europeans came to the ďnew world,Ē NJ has been ethnically diverse. Our supermarkets are stocked with all sorts of yummy things. You canít throw a stone without hitting a family-owned Italian restaurant. (No Olive Garden or Subway for me, baby!) If you go hungry here, itís your own fault!

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
Iím not sure what the criteria is to be officially considered a foodie. I certainly do enjoy food. Oh boy, do I ever! I will admit, however, that I am not a food expert in that Iím far from a gourmet cook. I just know that if it tastes good, Iíll eat it. Gladly.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Chocolate cake.

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
Iíve been told I eat like a child. If Iím presented with a plate of food, Iíll eat one thing at a time, leaving my most favorite thing until last. That means usually I start with the veggies Ö eat Ďem first and get it over with! I also donít like my food to touch or mix. Stewed tomatoes are always an issue because the juice spreads all over the plate! (If I can, I put stewed tomatoes and other juicy things in their own little bowl.)

Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
I used to, but now I have trouble with it. Several years ago I won a family ďmac & cheese cookoffĒ so I guess if I had a specialty, that would be it.

Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
Oh, food. Definitely. I go to sleep thinking about what Iíll have for breakfast. While Iím at work, I think about what Iíll have for supper when I get home or what Iíll have for a snack. I get groceries every other week, and I spend the time between grocery orders dreaming up what to buy.

Yup, food is good.