Thread: GLBTQ FA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #29
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
The best (and some would say only) way to grow a segment of the community is to open a door and give them a place first.
I really agree with this point, SamanthaNY. Thinking like this has helped me a million times in figuring out how to support a particular segment. If we just say, "there's no need, no one's here," we probably missed the boat.

I could see a couple of the sticky threads. I think a basic "ground rules" thread would be nice - folks aren't going to talk about something that is still unfortunately stigmatized by the larger community if there isn't a sense that the forum would be safe space. Then, basic terminology might be nice to define for folks (this is mostly for folks that want to be supportive but aren't involved in the larger glbtq community). A resources page would be great as some of these communities exist on some level (nolose) and the work of fat queers could be highlighted (stacy bias?).

Just some thoughts.

P.S. I want a rubbery one, not a leathery one.