Thread: GLBTQ FA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #43
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
I wish lesbians accepted bisexual women and I wish marrying a man did not take away my queer identity and my ability to mingle with queer women.
Donni, I feel the exact same way.
I remember at Pride a few years ago, I was marching in the parade and saw a girl I knew from college. She yelled at me "what are you doing here, you're engaged!"
To feel I had to justify myself, to explain and defend my sexuality, and also that I couldn't just be there to support, was awful

Then when I do explain my sexuality it's usually met with a scoff. As if being Bisexual is not a real option...that I'm one of those girls who kisses another girl to "show off" or for the "experience".

As for my own relationship, I am like you Donni. I am with George because I adore him and he gets me. Not because he is male.

Also, and I do have his permission to tell you all this, George is a crossdresser. So we tend to identify him as Trans. He doesn't live as a woman and isn't out to everyone, but dresses as a woman at home or on days/nights out with me. He is out to a few of our friends now who all couldn't care less lol so that made him feel better.

This has also been met with scoffing and ridicule on the one occasion we did go out in Belfast with him in "girl mode". He was laughed at.
Which pissed me off as I do his hair and make up, and let me tell you he makes a cute chick!!

Peoples opinions of Trans guys and girls sickens me. Especially within the communities you would hope and expect to be more understanding.

But I guess as a fat Bi woman, with a Trans FA partner, its always going to be hard to find somewhere to fit in lol!
I do find gay men more accepting of our relationship than gay women though. That's not intended to offend, just my experience thus far.

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote