Thread: GLBTQ FA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #66
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*notes that I must flirt with asshley in future*

There've been so many things posted today that I nodded to emphatically or that made me think I don't even know where to start.

I really hear you BBSSBBW, and I accept you in the queer family.

Ash, I don't think this is only a lesbians of color thing, but do support that it's related to the intersectionality of it all. I'd just add that in the white lesbian community, I've felt it was a generational difference (again, these are ALL generations). Since the younger folks have adopted "queer", in majority white circles there's at least some question of gender roles. For example, all the white lesbian couples in my circle are not in traditional gender roles in the bed room. It's a total switch situation and they bristle if anyone were to dare ask who's the man in the bed, or who does the fucking, I mean, they both do! This is how I identify (again in the mystical world where I'd meet a girl to wrestle with sexual roles with!). However, we've ALL gotten a tremendous amount of pressure from the larger lesbian community that there's a WAY to be a 'good' lesbian - you're either butch and you fuck or you're femme and you take it. I know I'm being crude, but it's easier this way.
I think this continues to be something the entire lesbian community is dealing with. I know I've felt it going out and about - I really don't want to meet a woman that will uphold my gender role the way a man would. NOT saying I don't love butch women - oh god oh god. I encourage all good butch women to get fucked too, if they want it. The if they want it is the key part.

Okay, I just said fuck too many times.