Thread: GLBTQ FA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #73
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, I gotcha, thatgirl!

So, the anthology is Bi Any Other Name: Bisexual People Speak Out. It's old, and all personal stories, but that's exactly why I love it. It's folks who were strong and bold in a time that was much worse than now to be "bi", and they're serious about the "movement," too.

I also have a weightier book that looks at bisexuality throughout literature, history, and popular culture. It's Bisexuality and the Eroticism of Everyday Life. I've never finished the whole thing, so I don't have a good sense of its overall thrust, but I enjoyed the initial research about all the dirty bisexuals (or at least those that had sex with all genders) throughout literature.