View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #30
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
I'm Fuzzy. At last count, I was 41, and my dream of being a professionally paid chef has not yet been realized. I currently work for a medical devices manufacturing company in their IT department.

Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
My name is Fuzzy, and I'm a Foodie. I live to eat, rather than eating to live. I was raised by a foodie mother that always made sure that there was lots of food on the table, as well as in the pantry. My brothers and sisters never went without, and I never had to sneak food, because it was always available.

Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Pasta. If you were able to browse thru my pantry/storage, you would find more shapes, colors, styles, etc of pasta than you can shake a stick at. And if you did find something I don't have, well, its just because my grocer doesn't carry it. I am particularly fond of spaghetti.

What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
As a kid, I was the pickiest eater alive. I hated everything. Actually, I think I was the problem child, and being picky was my out. Anyway, I was a very skinny boy. I wasn't anorexic, I just didn't eat that much. It wasn't until I had graduated from high school, weighing 140 pounds, entering the real world with only my meager cooking skills and very small selection of food I would eat; I soon realized I had missed out on alot.

Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
Surviving on ramen and mac/cheese on a college budget teaches a person one of two things. You either learn to cook, or you find someone to live with that can cook. (or you eat out alot). I had a myriad of roommates in the late eighties that I was able to glean cooking skills from. I discovered that I have a love for cooking. ( and a equal love for eating too ) Having spent those years in the south, my specialties include bbq, cajun/creole, southern, and tex/mex. My favorite spice is Tabasco.

Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
Food. 'Nuff said.