View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #29
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oy, the old "FAs are only interested in fat!" chestnut. The thing is, yeah, there are some fat-obsessed ones out there with a gift for making a woman feel like a faceless pile of lard. A fair number of them, in fact, and it feels kind of awful when you meet one. You feel objectified, and uncomfortable, dehumanized, and just... icky, for lack of a better word. I think they're not much different than non-FAs that are obsessed with breasts, or asses, or whatever, to the point of caring more about the physical attribute(s) than the person to whom they belong. Why should this community be any different than the rest of the world? We have great guys and not-so-great guys, and the same can be said for the women. But with some pretty basic common sense, it's not difficult to figure out which FAs are in it just for the fat, and which are as picky as you or I in terms of personality, intelligence, humor, etc., are looking for a real connection with a woman AND happen to be attracted to/turned on by the fat female figure. The latter situation, when you find it, is amazing. What's not to like about a man finding YOU, as a person, beautiful, and the package you're wrapped in hot as fuck? Sign me up, please.

Being fat doesn't mean you're obligated to date a FA, far from it. I just have known and dated some very fine men who happened to be FAs, and it kind of hurts my heart a little to think how they must feel when reading some of the things we say about them, like all they're interested in in a woman is fat. It's not always a walk in the park, being an open FA, and the jerky FAs who ARE only in it for the fat just make it harder for the decent guys to navigate around this community, which really chaps my ass. And truthfully, it offends me a bit to read the sweeping generalizations about FAs, because I date FAs exclusively. A lot of you are pretty familiar with me by now. Do I seem like a woman who would be happily dehumanized and objectified, and doesn't require anything in a mate but that he love fat? Yikes. If that were true, I'd date a hell of a lot more than I do.

I think being into FAs or not is a very personal choice, and that's how it should be. I totally respect a fat woman's choice not to date them, if she's not comfortable with it. I just get tired of the same old broad brush being used time after time to paint all FAs the same way - and as a result, the fat women who do date/partner/whatever with them.