View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #24
trackstar

trackstar can now change their title

I went through the same thing in HS. I'm a junior in college now, and am still working on it, but things have been much better recently. There's a lot of good advice here that I wish I would have had/am finding very useful.

This is how I "dealt with it". I just started dating girls that I thought were beautiful. They all happened to be bigger. I was happy, my friends saw i was happy, and for most that was the end of the story.

In fact, only one person mentioned it at all, and it was in a "man-talk" ball busting kind of way. I responded with something like "hey man, no complaints here, i'm loving every minute of it" - and of course i grinned, it was the truth. and that was pretty much the end of it. We talked a bit more about the women in our lives as I always would have. And after that one semi-uncomfortable moment, it felt completely normal.

I agree that "coming out" is uneccessary. And will probably just bring attention to your FAness as something unnatural and weird. Actions speak louder than words anyway. And if you're confident in what you're doing, others will see it positively as well. "coming out" will turn it into something you've been hiding, you've been ashamed of, and won't other people be more likely to see it negatively? not all, but I'm just saying, I think you'll feel the best by just acting on how you feel.

So as hard as it might seem, I think you might have to force yourself just to do what you want, and trust it will be okay, and you'll be happier. It's working for me so far! best of luck
trackstar is offline   Reply With Quote