View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I only have a few female friends (but several acquaintances, now that I think about it) who I would categorize as fat. I wouldn't say that either of them buy into our culture's thin obsession-- for instance, both happen to be bisexual, and both of them find curvaceous women attractive, I can't recall either of them ever badmouthing fat people as a group, or criticizing someone for being fat-- but neither of them have the same feelings about fatness and size acceptance that I do, which can make me feel somewhat isolated from them sometimes. Still, it is nice to have someone in your life with whom there is size-related empathy.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote