View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
I think queer or anything else is fine so long as people don't define you by that. Any name gets ugly when it dehumanizes someone, reduces them to a single characteristic or idea. I can use "beautiful" like a blunt instrument as soon as I refuse to see passed that. So saying that Julia is queer can be either vicious or kind, contingent on my awareness that she is, as we all are, is many other things as well.

Really just wanted to get in on the first page and thread of the new Forum.
Glad you're here, Ernest, and enjoy your perch on the first page! I'll stop with my possibly tired bar/party allusions now, and just say how excited I am that we're all undertaking this new forum venture together.

Mingle people, mingle.