View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #649
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I admit that I was sectretly laughing at a bunch of grumpy lesbians yesterday. See, at Ottawa Bluesfest, Tegan & Sara were playing yesterday, and through last week they were scheduled to play at 8pm. Sometime in the intervening days, an additional act was added at that stage (the guy who won the reality show "The Voice), and was put in at 8pm, with T&S getting pushed back to a 9pm start.

Another group we wanted to see finished just before 8pm, so we wandered over there to see how the tv show guy was live (fine, but didn't really have his show polished yet). There wasn't much crowd there yet, and many of those who were there were pretty clearly lesbian couples who had gotten there early to nab good places to watch Tegan & Sara....and who hadn't found out about the change in schedule. There were looking variously confused, upset, and grumpy.

I sort of felt sorry for them, but none of them actually left to watch any of the three other performances going on at the same time at other stages, so being amused won out over feeling sorry. They were at a huge music festival, with all sorts of things to do, but they seemed only focused on seeing one performance.