View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #8232
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Did you get the jet blower yet, Xy?

======================

This is slightly belated, from Tuesday. Just my second week at the new job, and it happened to be one of their social events. We went off to do an ‘escape room’ experience at what is locally called ‘The Diefenbunker’ (project started under than prime minister Diefenbaker back in the late 50s/early 60s, to build a bunker that the government and top military could operate out of in case of a nuclear war). The place is now a museum to cold war era preparations, concerns, equipment, and lifestyle – but a local escape room company leases out one floor some of the time.

We had to be broken up into three groups, and each group took longer than the admin who had planned it had expected, so sat around for quite a long while before going (I was in the last group). But there were snacks, then supper, the in-company band did some silly cover songs, and it was a good chance to get to know more of my co-workers.

I guess you could say that in some ways in was rather lame, but managed to be fun all the same. (sadly the SSBHM IT guy didn’t attend – given that there are no elevators in the bunker I was not totally surprised, but had hoped that he’d be up for powering up and down the stairs).