View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Deven, you can cook almost anything in a microwave that you can cook on a stove or oven. You can brown ground meat, like beef or sausage, but it won't cook steaks and stuff properly, and you can't bake in it. But I use my MW oven all the time to make chili, marinara sauce, hamburger helper, sauces, steam veggies, etc. I bought something called The Pasta Boat at the local CVS, cost about 5 bucks, and in it you can make any kind of pasta or rice. Usually those "As seen on TV" items suck, but The Pasta Boat rocks.

Start with simple things and work your way up to the more complicated. The first thing I learned to cook in the MW was scrambled eggs.

MW Scrambled Eggs:

3 eggs
microwave safe bowl
salt and pepper to taste

In a microwave safe bowl, fork-scramble 3 eggs, add salt and pepper to taste. Place bowl in center of MW and set the timer to 3 minutes. Start the MW on high and watch the bowl carefully. When the egg starts to puff up around the edges of the bowl (about 20-30 seconds or so), stop the MW, break up the eggs with a fork, stir and restart the MW. Watch again til the egg puffs up (10-15 seconds), stop, stir, restart. Continue til the egg reaches the amount of doneness you like. It will take a couple cycles.

For a quickie omelette, I stir in cheese, ham and mushrooms during the last couple cycles. The eggs come out super fluffy and delicious.

I have TONS of microwave recipes, I can post them or you can PM me anytime. The Marinara sauce is particularly delicious.