View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 AM   #22
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Yikes, somehow I managed to miss this thread until just now ! But I'll add what I can to the discussion.

zzz, I understand where you're coming from, because until recently I was in the exact same situation of being a reasonably attractive and confident guy who just never met any women he was sexually attracted to. And I know what you mean about how trying to pick women up in bars, etc. can be uncomfortable and difficult, both for the reasons the women in this thread have already given about BBWs putting up a shield of unapproachability, and because, for those same reasons, I tend to get anxious and start second-guessing myself: "does she think I'm a creep? what if she thinks I'm just trying to pick her up because I think she's desperate?"

I don't have much to add to the advice you've already been given, as far as picking women up in everyday situations goes: just be sincere, honest, be yourself, shower daily (), etc.

But one piece of advice nobody seems to have given yet, which I highly, highly recommend: find out if there are any BBW events/dances in your area and go to them! I started doing this a few months ago, and it's been an amazing experience. It's a big ego boost and learning experience (for me, and I'd imagine for the women as well) to be able to flirt, chat, etc. without any of the usual anxieties -- when we're both implicitly aware that yes, the sexual attraction is genuine, I find that it becomes a lot easier to let go of my nervousness and have a casual, flirty conversation in which I can demonstrate what an awesome guy I actually am . And I bet your experience would be very similar.

I'm guessing from your language that you're British, so I can't recommend a specific party, but we have a lot of UK posters who I'm sure would be happy to help you find one.

Last edited by alienlanes; 05-24-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo typo typo
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote