View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In retrospect, it was harder to maintain certain friendships when they had children, but Art & I couldn't. Naturally children bring very different priorities, so we saw less and less of some friends. Perfectly understandable.

Nowadays as they become empty-nesters, we have begun to see some long-lost friends again. It doesn't seem to bother them that I'm much fatter now than 2 or 3 decades ago. In fact, some of my old gal pals gained a lot of weight due to their pregnancies, so now they know what it's like to be fat too, even if they aren't exactly happy about it. That hasn't kept them away from dessert when we go out for lunch though! I'm still bigger, and if I need to eat extra desserts to make them feel more comfortable, well, I'll force myself to make that sacrifice. In any case, they do relish having greater freedoms now that their kids are moving out.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote