View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #11
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Gotta admit, the first half was a slog, the second half was great (all the plot set-ups finally paid off) -- but I really didn't like the epilogue. I felt as though all the female characters had had their personalities erased and replaced with "jealous sitcom wife" or "subservient doormat." That said, I now have a crazed desire to write coffee-shop AU fic, if only because the French can be the Bonaparte Coffee chain, trying to push into the neighbourhood and oust the local coffee (or maybe tea, because Russian) place. I do agree with having Feelings about Pierre.

(For a chaser, I read The Master & Margarita, which was awesome and left me wanting to drink vodka and eat snacks with giant talking demonic cats and their colleagues.)
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote