View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default What shoes do you use?

Standing hurts, standing in bad shoes really really hurts and can cause serious issues. For anyone. If you have a job that requires standing, make sure your shoes are high quality and well fitting, and that your socks are the right size, too, and have non-binding tops. I am currently finishing up my massage program, and recently got some of them there round bottomed shoes that they're making ($10 whim from K-Mart). They are ugly as homemade sin, but my back didn't hurt one bit.
Also, if you are going to be sitting, make sure that your desk and chair are adjusted for your height and the "flow" of your desk space makes sense. Sitting can cause circulation issues, and puts much more pressure on your lower spine than walking (standing is a special hell). Also, be aware of your posture, and how you're holding your body. I've worked desk and I've worked on my feet, and honestly, even as a big girl- 260 @ 5'9"- I prefer working on my feet. Then again, I'm beginning to recognize that I'm squirrely as all git out.