View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
I have been taking a bit of time to work on several projects, and I wanted to just say, here in Vermont, GENERALLY SPEAKING - size acceptance seems to be the prevalent attitude.

While I'm sure it's still there, I was just wondering with the S.I. plus sized model & many larger celebs making being big a less unique thing... Meghan Trainor making it cool for kids to relax about sizes

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

It appears to me that young people are much less concerned about size than when I was young 30+ years ago. I see fat young women out with friends all the time now. My high school had plenty of fat girls. However, the majority of them never socialized (you never saw them after school or on the weekend). Things are very different today.

Also, its been my experience that size acceptance does indeed vary geographically. New England and the west coast seem to be the most accepting. The heartland -- not so much.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote