View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Meh, I think "good guys are hard to find" doesn't have to swing that way. When I use the phrase, it's an emblem of self-esteem...a refusal to settle...a challenge to men to step up to the fucking plate or fuck the hell off.

I think the problem here is the age group being discussed. Young teenagers as general class are a clueless and inexperienced bunch. They can be swayed by the slightest breath of peer pressure and turn on an emotional dime. They can expect too much out of situations, people, life, and at the same time actually think to ask or negotiate for much, much less than they should. Sometimes the relationship drama isn't really about the relationship, it's about the drama. Teenagers, especially girls, tend to like the drama. I mean, you can't even drive by a high school anymore without catching a heady whiff of llama excrement as you pass.

Teenagers also use words and phrases to describe grownup realities that don't yet exist for them, but sound really cool and adult. I mean, how can you expect kids to get ree-LAYYYYYY-shun-ships right when most adults can't? A "good guy" to someone who's 13 might mean "cute and popular," but to someone who's 25, it'll likely (hopefully) mean a helluva lot more. Also, a lot of essentially decent young guys are basically still in womb-mode while in high school, and will happily take the nice things you offer them without any quid pro quo because they're used to their mommies' unconditional love. Most of them kinda get over it eventually, often when some cute girl or three berates them for being a douche. The real tests come as they progress through the stages of life; if someone's still living in his parents' basement at 40, unemployed, addicted to video games, and insisting that he should date I mean longterm fuck a model, then you KNOW it's a lost cause.

The same kind of thinking applies to the girls. I LOLed over the "oh it's so sad" comments from the "friends" mentioned in the articles. Passive-aggression and "relationship" drama, which I've already mentioned, is how the female of the spoiled-brat species protects her fragile ego and garners the OMGATTENSHUN. Bitches. If you want people - guys or girls - to, you know, like you personally let alone want to spend actual time with you, don't be a fucking backstabbing fishwife, no matter how glamorously 35-year-old-double-divorcee it sounds.

At the end of the day, it's really up to individuals and their absentee parents to buck the hell up and end the cycle. Frankly, I don't think older childhood is ever going to be a romantic bed of roses, but parents do have the power to head off the eating disorders and bad blowjob habits at the pass. Girls put up with ridiculous behavior from girlfriends and boys because they either like drama or they're so selfishly, desperately in need of the OMGATTENSHUN that they let douches be douches AND they propagate their own brand of hypocritical bullshit in the process. Fuck that noise.

This is why I probably won't have kids. I'd likely murder them to death before they hit 16.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote