View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
itsfine
Miss Manda

itsfine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesitsfine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesitsfine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think this is fairly close to reality.

I have so many friends who fit the standards of being beautiful (and have been told that they are beautiful and smart their whole lives), have more education, and a better job than myself, but they sell themselves short.

I think I was told I was beautiful twice in my childhood/teens. I never had a date to any of the dances, ect. So I always relied on myself to be independent and strong. When I entered college, I really started to appreciate those qualities about myself. I didn't need a boy to make me feel important. I could make myself that way.

Now, I have been dating a man for the past 4 and a half years who is amazing. In those years I have never felt anything but loved. If my feet hurt, he rubs them. If I am sick he will leave the house at 2 am to get me medicine. If a friend is coming to visit me from out of town, he actively tries to make their stay here enjoyable and fun (and will even give us some alone girl time). If there is a problem, I am confident in our relationship to bring it up. He is AMAZING.

Many of my friends have a high standard for appearance of guys (specific types), and I feel that also hinders their success in relationships. My "type" was of Italian appearance - my boyfriend is not that but is still very attractive to me.

Confidence, knowing what you want and being able to talk about it, and an open-mind were key qualities that helped me in my relationship.