View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #23
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Those pods are nice. I like the amp sims you did use though. For free it sounded great. It had all the warmth of an old school tube amp cranked up. The only way I could tell it was a sim and not the real thing was it just didn't have that sound like it was moving air if ya get what I'm saying. But other than that, the sim sounded spot on.

On another note, did you see where Ibanez came out with a 5w combo tube amp with the tube screamer overdrive circuit built in and an 8 inch Celestion speaker, for just $249 retail. First chance I get I'm going to go and give it a try at GC. It would make a perfect recording amp for a home studio at that wattage.
I haven't seen those Ibanez yet, sounds cool. I have two of their TS7 pedals, dirt cheap and they sound great! I also used a TS sim in my chain, and a LOT of EQ cutting to get some of the fizziness of the amp sim out of there.

I hate to say it, but I'm finally going to sell my tube amp (6505) and stick with the new POD. I just can't crank the amp as loud as I need it that often anymore, and micing it is a pain. I have the old PodFarm sims, but the new HD just owns it. (After much tweakage!)
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote