View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #391
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Cold calling is a low percentage sales strategy. So is approaching women in random public places. The fact that women vary with regard to what they find attractive just exacerbates this. And even if an approach nets a date the chances of compatibility and long-term potential are slim.

Given that most guys have limited resources to expend on dating activities (both time and $$$) it makes sense for guys to pursue a higher percentage strategy.
I agree with you the numbers do not seem to favor a guy in a cold approach. But I am still a big proponent of it because I have the wife I have today as a result of cold approaching.

Another trick to cold approaching is not being desperate. I considered myself adventurous more than anything. Everywhere I went in the back of my mind I readied myself for the potential an opportunity would present itself. Often it did not but when it did it was always very exciting. And often it ended in disaster or at best a polite rejection. Being able to accept that going in helps avoid the appearance of desperation. If a woman wasn't interested I'd politely apologize for disturbing her and carry on. If she was rude and made a big scene (it happened a couple times) I'd laugh it off but still not stoop to her level by firing off any witty lines (I'm actually not that witty on my feet anyway) and still carry on.

Finding the right balance between being assertive but not overbearing; confident but not arrogant; available but not a doormat is tricky. I feel for guys who struggle to find this balance.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote