View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #187
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This really neat diner opened recently near me. It is retro - but has a "Jetsons" futuristic feel to it too. The food is way more upscale than you would expect in a diner.

My roomie, Nancy, and I went there today. I got an appetizer of Prince Edward Island mussels in a white wine herb garlic butter sauce. There were about 2 dozen smallish mussels, and the sauce was so good I finished it with a spoon, when I ran out of hot breadsticks that I'd been using to soak it up!

My entree was "Caribbean Dusted Sea Scallops with island cous cous and an orange Curacao sauce". My expectations were low - but I was VERY impressed. There were 10 very large seared sea scallops surrounding a large ring-molded disk of couscous which was studded with almonds and bits of peppers and other veggies. The scallops sat on a really lovely sauce which surrounded the coucous. I was afraid it would be too sweet but it was only slightly sweet. I love this dish.

I wish I'd brought my camera!

We stopped at their bakery counter and picked up some goodies. I got a individual-sized raspberry mousse cake, lemon meringue pie, and chocolate velvet cake. Plus a large chocolate fudge cookie loaded with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote