View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have seriously mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the government taking a patriarchal, I-know-what's-best-for-you role in every aspect of our lives drives me crazy. On the other... well, ready-made, processed foods really are filled with a lot of junk; the idea that manufacturers should be discouraged from producing garbage food does make sense.

Still, I really wish that everyone could just be given some basic cooking education. Cooking from scratch is almost always cheaper, and often doesn't take much - if any - additional time. I used to use so much salt when I was a kid, and my mom would make a lot of ready-made food; now I hardly ever use it, even when cooking, because proper spicing gives such a full flavour - and nobody ever uses the salt in the shaker, because my food doesn't need it. It is the same with sugar; there's so much more to flavour than sweetness and saltiness.

If demand for their products fell, manufacturers would be forced to re-think what they're selling... the market would demand it.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote