Thread: Dreams thread!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:40 AM   #74
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

This was an... interesting one. I was playing a part in my own mind's adaptation of Reservoir Dogs and I was running with, I think, Quentin Tarantino after stealing some apparently much needed dandelions from that kid from Terminator 2 (I guess this was an "action movies of the early 90s" thematic dream or something.) This was right after some unsuccessful diplomatic negotiations with him about paying for said dandelions, where he tries to play hard ball and demands $200 a piece. Well, Mr. Brown isn't too happy with this arrangement and manages to get them "off camera" for free -- we then take off again on foot. We wind up on top of what looked to be a train car, but when we drop down into it, we're suddenly in an elevator shaft. Lo and behold, as soon as I drop in, the cables snap and we begin our quintessential action movie free fall. Once we get to the bottom, something from atop the shaft falls down and hits Quentin directly in the head. I figured he was dead as soon as it happened -- the look on his face even signified it -- but he weathers it, gets up and proceeds to stumble over to a doorway next to an ominous-looking railing. You can probably guess what happened next. He falls over but manages to grab a hold of a protruding eh, object of some sort down below. He starts panicking and yelling for help, so I look around for something to throw to him. Lucky for us, there's a very conveniently placed rope not far from where I'm standing, so I grab it and throw him one end of the rope. I then wrap my end around a sturdy pole to give myself some leverage and start pulling him up.

As soon as I get him over the railing, he appears to be wearing a uh, giant lady bug costume. Not in a position to ask questions (we're still on the run from "something") we take off through the doorway close by which interestingly leads to the stairway of my parents old house. That's about the point where I woke up.

Gotta say, I was a little disappointed I wasn't making my escape with Steve Buscemi. It might have been pretty watchable then.