Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #35
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
When people diet.

Not for the weight loss or anything. But for the complete obsession and incessant talking about it. And the borderline social pressure to make you diet too.
This!

Apart from the fact that I'm highly skeptical of people who define themselves mainly over their weight, what is increasingly unnerving me is the amount of plain nonsense I'm supposed to accept as face value when listening to diet sermons.

Eating & dieting has turned into a secular ideology - and as with most ideologies, much of it is based on a certain interpretation of (not always correct) facts.

Some of what I've had to listen to lately is so down right stupid and false that it brought out the belligerent archeologist's daughter in me. For some poor paleo-, anti-gluten disciple to be buried under an avalanche of food & demography history - probably wishing he/she had never left their mental cave.....
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote