View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
I like database cleanup. I did that at State Farm and in their telecommunications department. I really like that, but it was a temp assignment (that lasted two years).

I just feel like there are all kinds of cool jobs out there that I don't even know exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
her grandfather told her to try everything she was interested in until she found her passion and her path

I think that the process of elimination can be an important part of the journey

I see a pattern here. First of all, you need/want to find out more about what jobs are available. Second, you've discovered that you can't really trust the internet to help you decide; maybe you need hands-on experience to make the right decision. Third, the best job you had you got as a temp. Sooo... why not try temping again? True, you may have to kiss a lot of frogs, but you don't have to stick with a bad job for long. And when you find a good job -- even if you don't get to keep it -- you'll make contacts in the field whom you can call on for information about other firms or even recommendations. And if you really do a bang-up job, they may pull strings to hire you: that's what happened to my wife. She was temping fifteen years ago, and when the job ran out, they wanted to keep her... and now she's working in the same office, but she's the second in command!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote