View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Does your local area have a workforce development center? Often, those places will give you career and personality assessments for free. I think so many people don't know the range of jobs out there that are a good fit. Sometimes it's not so much the job category as it is the place and its unique environment.

I'd have never imagined my job would be right up my alley, but it's a non-traditional take on a very traditional job category, meaning I get to do a lot of different things that keep it interesting to me. Having a small program means I get to tackle jobs that would normally be farmed out to a staff in a bigger place. I wouldn't have picked it for me in a million years, but I was newly separated and needed to find employment. Who knew?

Sometimes, too, if you have a wide range of interests, you might see what you can do for employment and then do as a volunteer if there's not a lot of overlap in your interests. That way, you don't have to dismiss one part of your personality to meet your material needs.