Thread: Tired of Thin
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
Exactly, women are told what to look like and men are told what to look for, and unfortunately too many people these days just can't seem to think for themselves- they obey, conform, and buy on command just to fit in.

Wow, if that's not an obscure reference to the movie "They Live", then I don't know what is.

But seriously, I agree with you. People are sheep. It's part of human nature, which I can understand. The problem I have is that most people won't admit they are just following the herd. Instead they feel they have to justify their default "decision", so they mindlessly quote whatever anti-fat rationalizations they hear in the media. This produces a cycle of discrimination and hatred (both self-hatred and hatred of others), which in turn allows other people to cash in on the herd mentality with diet scams and worse. Those who are cashing in have everything to gain from perpetuating the anti-fat message, so the cycle continues...