Thread: Got happy?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine22 View Post
I no longer torment myself with the idea of happiness. I am content to cope with the inevitable without going insane.
I really think that's part of my happiness. It's not believing that things will be roses and unicorns. I think when your happiness isn't dependent on external circumstances (true happiness) you can have any emotion -- sadness, fear, anger, hurt, etc but you still have a sense of well being and peace. You stop trying to fix the bits and pieces of your life to try to make yourself happy. You begin to live from happiness instead of living for happiness.

So, that's what I am trying to do in my life. It's hard, but I'm finding that I'm less frazzled or prone to flip out. Day by day, I say. Day by day.

Last edited by ashmamma84; 12-28-2009 at 04:46 PM.
ashmamma84 is offline   Reply With Quote