View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #28
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One of mine came a few weeks ago...

One of my 4th students told me he was fat with an embarrassed look on his face and I told him "no you are not" (because he wasn't) and then I told him "now, I am fat and the world is full of people of all shapes and sizes and I am so happy for that and totally promote it!" I thought he and some of the other students would giggle or protest this but instead his little face lit up with a smile and he/they didn't say another word about it.

I realized I could finally call myself fat without a negative conotation to it. It was freeing and wonderful. Also, like another poster, I felt I had planted a seed with this boy (and other students that heard the conversation).
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote