View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 PM   #29
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Another light bulb moment came when I went to my first BBW Bash. I had never been to one and didn't really know what to expect from it. I know that I didn't expect the ladies to be self-assured, confident and sexy. After being told for many many years how ugly and unattractive being fat was, I didn't really have much self confidence. It was hard for me to make eye contact with anyone, let alone a man and here I was at a bash designed just for that. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the Stardust and saw all those big gals wearing sexy clothing, flirting, laughing and just plain being something awesome! I remember walking behind two bigger gals on my way to register and they were wearing short-shorts and halter tops and their thighs were jiggling. I thought to myself, "Wow they are brave to wear that. I wouldn't be brave enough to let it all hang out like that."

I went to the pool and about passed out when I saw my first plus sized lady wearing a bikini, but then I looked around and a LOT of the ladies were wearing them--and they were so confident. I remember thinking "OMG I am in over my head. These ladies are WAY more confident than I will ever be. I don't think I belong here." After a few days of hanging around these wonderful and confident ladies I started to feel better about myself and laughed more, even flirted a little.

I'll never forget the first after-hours dance that I attended. Afterward my feet had blisters because I was asked to dance more than I had ever been asked to dance before. Wow, what an ego boost that gave me. I felt like the belle of the ball...and I wore those blisters like a badge of honor. I left that bash with confidence in abundance, my head held high and feeling pretty proud to be an SSBBW because of all the things I learned from my bash "sisters". It took a week of mingling with these strong, confident women in order for me to realize that being fat does not mean that you cannot be sexy and self-assured. Kudos to all of you (both women and man) who helped me come out of my shell that first time. I learned a lot from you.